They worked hard all year long — fending off postal workers, keeping critters out of the yard, and holding down the sofa. So we took Rico and Whiskey on a well-deserved vacation recently. But that doesn’t mean these scruffy senseis took a break from teaching life lessons. True to form, they enjoyed their vacation to the absolute fullest. And below are their tips for how you can enjoy life to the fullest, too.
1. Stop what you’re doing and pay attention when a feeling of awe swells up inside you.
2. That doesn’t mean you have to lose your cool over it, though. Just relax into the moment.
3. It might seem brave to dive in with everything you have …
but remember it could get messy (and you could get hosed off with cold water because the mama and the papa won’t let you in the house that way).
4. Opportunity might knock …
but sometimes things are out of your control and you can’t answer it.
5. Accept a helping hand, or set of wheels, if you need it …
but you aren’t obligated to. Sometimes it’s just more fun to do it your own way.
6. Be honest with yourself. Only you know your limits.
7. Take time to daydream. Listen closely. Hidden within them are the whispers of life calling us.
Thanks for stopping by today.
Dog and Dojo is a blog about the wisdom gained when we apply mindfulness and meditation to relationships with our dogs. Start unlocking the wisdom of your pet with our free journal, Buried Treasures_Discovering wisdom from observing your dog, today.